Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Foundations

A good friend told me that the key to looking good is the right foundation.  I think that applies to shapewear, the right makeup, exercise, meditation and more importantly- the right attitude.  I met a woman in her 60's the other day and she told me that she was getting married in the Fall.  Before I could even congratulate her, she told me that she was too old to show her legs, her arms, or her knees.  What? How is that possible? Obviously she's not too old to get married but she can't show parts of herself?! I'm confused.  Who the heck cares how her legs, arms and knees look? They work, they get the job done!
Leaving the grocery store, and walking into the parking lot, Shakespeare's "All the World's a Stage" pops into my head.  True enough, stop waiting for the perfect size, wear your black boots, leggings and a tunic dress! Go for it! Wear what makes you feel good, "these boots were made for walking!..." Strut your stuff, even if its through a grocery store parking lot.  Oh, by the way, I really want to participate in one of those flash mob dance groups.    

No comments:

Post a Comment